What causes Bladder Weakness?Back to articles
There are many reasons for a weak bladder.
A weak pelvic floor is the primary cause of bladder weakness but what causes your pelvic floor to become weakened in the first place?
In women, typical causes of pelvic floor weakness are pregnancy, menopause1 and high impact exercises and in men, the most common cause is prostate surgery.2 However these are not the only causes. Other reasons for a weak pelvic floor include:
- Over time pelvic floor muscles can weaken if we do not exercise them. They can become stretched, weak and no longer work effectively, leading to leakage.
- Straining to open your bowels. The ‘pushing down’ movement when you strain to open your bowels can actually put pressure on the pelvic floor and make it weaker.
- Being overweight puts more pressure on your pelvic floor. If you are currently experiencing bladder weakness, losing weight may help you in dealing with the issue.
- Having a chronic cough can contribute to weakened pelvic floor. The impact of coughing bounces on the pelvic floor, so persistent coughing can damage and overstretch the muscles.
- Diseases and condition such as Diabetes & Parkinson's Disease that affect the nerves
- Heavy exercise or heavy lifting can cause pressure and strain on the pelvic floor which can weaken the muscle over time
The good news is that a weak bladder is fixable. INNOVO®’s clinically proven, non-invasive technology restores and strengthens your all-important pelvic floor, helping you regain bladder control and get your confidence back by treating the root cause, and not just the symptoms of bladder weakness. No more little accidents, no more awkward pads or liners, no more embarrassment. So regardless of what kind of bladder weakness you are experiencing, INNOVO® can help you restore your pelvic floor strength, and get back to doing everything you want to do, when you want to do it.
In women, typical causes of pelvic floor weakness are pregnancy, menopause and high impact exercises and in men, the most common cause is prostate surgery.
Recommended & Clinically Proven
93% of INNOVO® users saw significant improvement within 4 weeks. Start today!