To ensure you use this product safely and effectively, please follow the safety information provided in the user manual.
INNOVO should not be used if:
- You have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator or any implanted electronic device.
- You have a suspected or a diagnosed heart condition. Consult your doctor first.
- You are pregnant.
- You have any implanted metal devices in the abdominal or pelvic areas, including an Intrauterine Device (IUD).
- You have epilepsy or are under medical supervision for cognitive dysfunction.
- Wearing the product necessitates placement over areas where drugs/medicines are administered by injection.
- The heavy days of your period have finished.
Please wait before using INNOVO until:
- At least 6 weeks after natural birth or 12 weeks after a Caesarean section (consult your doctor first).
- The heavy days of your period have finished.
- Stimulation should not be applied across or through the head, directly on the eyes, covering the mouth, on the front of the neck (especially the carotid sinus), or on the chest and the upper back or crossing over the heart.
- Application near the thorax may increase the risk of cardiac fibrillation.
- Do not apply stimulation across the chest, as the introduction of electrical current into the chest may cause rhythm disturbances to the heart, which could be lethal.
- Do not apply stimulation over open wounds or rashes; over swollen, red, infected or inflamed areas; or skin eruptions (e.g. phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins).
- Do not apply stimulation over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
- Apply stimulation only to normal, intact, clean, healthy skin.
- Do not apply stimulation in the presence of electronic monitoring equipment (e.g. cardiac monitors, ECG alarms), which may not operate properly when the controller is in use.
- Do not apply stimulation while in the bath or shower.
- Do not apply stimulation while driving, operating machinery, cycling or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put you at risk of injury.
- Do not use near shortwave or microwave therapy equipment, as it may produce instability in the stimulator output.
- Wireless communication equipment — such as wireless home network devices, mobile phones, cordless telephones, base stations and walkie-talkies of between 1W to 10W — can affect this equipment and should be kept at least eight feet away from the controller.
- Use this controller only with the garments, cables and accessories recommended by the manufacturer.
- Always ensure that the charger/power supply is positioned so that it is easy to unplug the power supply from the socket.
- To isolate this equipment from electrical power, remove the charger/power supply plug from the socket.
- Do not attach any cables or connectors to INNOVO other than those supplied by Atlantic Therapeutics Ltd. Never connect any computer cables to the controller.
- Simultaneous connection to high-frequency surgical equipment may result in burns and possible damage to the stimulator.
- The product must not be used with any other product which delivers electrical current to the body (e.g. interferential or another muscle stimulator).
- Some users may experience skin irritation or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation or the electrically conductive medium.
- Users with suspected or diagnosed heart disease should follow the precautions recommended by their doctor.
- Users with suspected or diagnosed epilepsy should follow the precautions recommended by their clinician.
- Use caution if you have a tendency to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture.
- Use caution following surgical procedures when stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
- Use caution if stimulation is applied over areas of skin which lack normal sensation.
- Due to the risk of strangulation, and the risk of small parts causing a choking hazard, keep away from children.
- Keep this product out of the reach of pets.
- The long-term effects of electrical stimulation are unknown.
- Although compliant with applicable EMC requirements, this product may still interfere with more sensitive equipment. Please move away or switch off the controller if necessary.
- Once the treatment has ceased, always remember to switch off the controller.
- It is advised that you use the restroom before starting a treatment session.
- Always check the product cables before use and do not use if they are damaged in any way.
- If in doubt, always seek medical advice.
- A small number of isolated skin reactions have been reported by people using muscle stimulation products, including allergies, a prolonged reddening of the skin and acne.
- On very rare occasions, first-time users of INNOVO have reported feeling light-headed or faint. In this event, switch off the controller and sit down until you are feeling better. You may then resume the treatment.
- You should stop using the product and consult your doctor if you experience adverse reactions.
- You should only run one full treatment session per day to reduce the potential for muscle fatigue. A treatment session is defined as 30 minutes of treatment.
- An effective treatment should not cause undue discomfort.
- The safety information provided in the Instruction Manual must be followed.
- The product should only be set up and operated according to the instructions laid out in the manual.
- Atlantic Therapeutics Ltd. will not accept responsibility if the guidelines and instructions supplied with this product are not followed.
This instruction manual is intended for the correct application of the product. The information and technical data contained in this document relate to the INNOVO muscle stimulator provided with an instructional manual which is proprietary to Atlantic Therapeutics and may be used and disseminated only for the purpose of and to the exact specifically authorized writing by the company. Each INNOVO controller is assigned a unique serial number, which is located on the back of the controller.