“I need an adult time out,” she explained.
“What do you mean?” I queried.
“Oh you know… just, some forced time to rest, set intentions, align with my highest self, and manifest abundance. All the things I know I need to do, but….”
But... life gets in the way. I get it.
Wouldn’t it be great if the universe could put us in “time out,” so we were forced to pause for a beat and get our proverbial you-know-what together?
Enter INNOVO! Because the recommended daily use for Innovo is 30 minutes a day, what if we looked at this time as our “adult time-out?”
I’m a fitness & lifestyle expert for a living (I run a popular Instagram called @NYCfitfam, and am a frequent on-air contributor, sharing tips on wellness and #fitmom life hacks), and as such my job is to share with people how to live life in line with their highest self. To be perfectly clear: that means spiritual & emotional wellness as much as it does physical fitness.
I’ve come up with five ways to use the time spent in your INNOVO shorts for self-betterment - so suit up, turn on, and drop in!!
Exercise #1: Meditation Practice
When given 30 minutes in a row, we all have a choice: numb our brain by scrolling Instagram or watching Netflix, OR better ourselves by evolving with spiritual practice.
Meditation is the most commonly accepted path to mindfulness, yet I hear time and time again from people that they “just can’t meditate.” I’m here to tell you, everyone can (and should!).
Why should you? Well, ICYMI, benefits of meditation include:
- Reduced Stress & Anxiety
- Increased Focus
- Increases Energy (daytime) & Improves Sleep (nightime!)
- Keeps You Healthy & Youthful
- Improve Relationships
A simple meditation that anyone can do is called a “Focus Meditation,” which involves focusing on an object like a flower or a candle and taking the time to examine it to the fullest extent.
You can select anything that stimulates your senses. For example:
- if you chose a yellow rose, you could sit and stare at the rose and imagine yourself touching it and feeling its velvety texture. You could also pay attention to any lines or creases in the rose or immerse yourself in the color yellow.
- Perhaps you’ve chosen a candle, and you’re sitting comfortably in front of it. As you breathe in and out, notice how the flame flickers or how the flame is made of several different colors. Focus on the smells, the sounds, and experience what it’s like to immerse yourself in the candle.
This kind of practice helps you deepen your focus while you hold your attention. You might be surprised at how effective a meditation like this can be.
Exercise #2: Simple Breathwork Techniques
According to Science Daily, meditation and breathing exercises can make the mind sharper. New research reveals that there is a link between breath-focused meditation, attention and brain health.
Breathing deeply is also a great way to shift your focus when you are feeling anxious. The 4-7-8 breathing technique is a great technique to learn because it acts like your body’s natural tranquilizer.
Exercise #3: Affirmations to Raise Your Vibration
Positive affirmations are one of the quickest ways to “raise your vibration.” They can truly lift your spirit while also being a powerful tool for manifestation. … but first, what does it mean to “raise your vibration?”
Well, quite simply - it means to “up your spiritual game!” As your vibration heightens, you will feel lighter and happier, and you'll begin to attract desires, people, and experiences to match your high vibe.
What is an affirmation?
An affirmation is a positive statement that impacts both the conscious and the subconscious minds. By believing in a thought or sentence and repeating it to yourself you have the power to attract more positivity, higher vibrations, and all your desires in life.
Below are 20 powerful affirmations for high vibration - repeat these slowly and confidently. *Bonus points if you do them in a mirror!
- I am healthy and full of energy.
- I attract positive energy like a magnet.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I am a high vibrational being.
- I am the creator of my life.
- My body is my temple.
- I am happy now.
- I am grateful for my life.
- I am aligned with the universe.
- I keep my energy level high.
- I choose to be full of joy and gratitude.
- I eat healthy to fuel my body.
- I have a deep sense of well-being.
- I fill my mind with positive thoughts.
- I listen to what my body needs.
- I attract positive people.
- I spread happiness everywhere I go.
- My high vibration helps manifest my desires.
- I feel a complete sense of joy, love, and happiness.
- Everything I need is within me now.
Exercise #4: Sound Bath Practice
A relaxing soak in the tub isn’t the only kind of “bath” that can have health benefits! Waves of soothing, echoing sound from traditional wind and percussion instruments, also known as a “sound bath,” may help with stress, fatigue, and depression symptoms.
What Is a Sound Bath? In general, a sound bath is a meditative experience where those in attendance are “bathed” in sound waves. These waves are produced by various sources, including healing instruments such as gongs, singing bowls, percussion, chimes, rattles, tuning forks, and even the human voice itself.
Since stress is associated with other conditions like diabetes and heart disease, engaging in sound baths might be a good preventive strategy to reduce the risk of chronic conditions, too.
How can you find such an experience to use in your practice? A simple google search will pull up hundreds of options. I recommend listening to one from start to finish before passing judgement. Allow yourself to relax and become immersed in the sound, while being mindful of how each sound makes you feel.
Exercise #5: Journaling Prompts
One way to become more mindful, navigate & unpack difficult emotions, and find your way on a higher path is to journal. Many of us say we will do this and never do, because we don’t really know where to start.
Writing your thoughts down in a journal can positively impact your anxiety on a holistic level. When done correctly, journaling can be calming and clearing for your mind. It can help in releasing pent-up feelings and everyday stress. It can help you let go of negative thoughts while exploring your experiences and emotions in a safe way.
Here are some prompts to help you get started:
Three Journaling Prompts for Self-Discovery + Productivity:
- What distractions get in the way of being my most productive?
- How could I lean on others to relieve some anxiety and outsource responsibilities?
- How does every part of my body feel in this moment?
By taking the time to focus on one of these exercises a day, you can raise your vibration and manifest your dreams, all while strengthening your pelvic floor with INNOVO.
I call that a win/win/win! Happy manifesting!